Visiting New Brunswick
Families will find kid-friendly activities in New Brunswick, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its university, entertainment and bars.
- You'll find 98 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Somerset
- The closest major airport is in Manville, NJ (JVI-Central Jersey Regional), 8.3 mi (13.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Princeton, NJ (PCT), 13.2 mi (21.2 km) away
Getting around New Brunswick
To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from New Brunswick Station or New Brunswick Jersey Ave Station. New Brunswick may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for New Brunswick
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 13°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -6°C
- From April to June, the average is 29°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 22°C as the daytime average and -5°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for New Brunswick is 1242 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 29°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -5°C