Visiting Nakhon Pathom
Visitors can enjoy all that Nakhon Pathom has to offer including the university setting, temples and monuments. Tourists can also enjoy the city's lakeside setting, shopping and restaurants. A top sight in the area is Samphran Elephant Ground and Zoo.
- There are 17 hotels and other accommodation options in Nakhon Pathom
- The closest major airport is in Bangkok (DMK-Don Mueang Intl.), 39.6 mi (63.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Bangkok (BKK-Suvarnabhumi Intl.), 49.7 mi (80.1 km) away
Getting around Nakhon Pathom
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Nakhon Pathom Phrong Madua Station or Nakhon Pathom Station. Nakhon Pathom might not have as many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Nakhon Pathom
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 35°C and the nighttime average to be 20°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 35°C during the day and 24°C at night
- July to September averages 33°C during the day and 24°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 32°C during the day and 20°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Nakhon Pathom is 1387 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually April and May with an average temperature of 35°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 21°C