Visitors can enjoy all that Malappuram has to offer including the forests and temples. The cultural and cosy setting also entices those visiting the city.
- There are 10 hotels and other accommodation options in Malappuram
- The closest major airport is in Kozhikode (CCJ-Calicut Intl.), 18.8 mi (30.3 km) from the city centre
Getting around Malappuram
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Vaniyambalam Station, Vaniyambalam Thodikapulam Station or Tuvvur Station. Malappuram may not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Malappuram
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 33°C during the day and 22°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 33°C, whilst the average at night is 24°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 30°C with night-time averages of 23°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 31°C and nighttime averages of 21°C
- Average annual rainfall for Malappuram is 59 millimetres
- Usually April and May are the hottest months with an average of 33°C, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 22°C