Visitors can enjoy all that Kottayam has to offer including the temples, churches and monuments. Tourists can also enjoy the city's waterfalls, architecture and festivals.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodation options in Kottayam
- The closest major airport is in Cochin (COK-Cochin Intl.), 41.9 mi (67.4 km) from the city centre
Getting around Kottayam
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Kottayam Station. Kottayam may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Kottayam
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 33°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 23°C
- From April to June, the average is 33°C during the day and 24°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 24°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 33°C as the daytime average and 23°C as the night-time average
- Kottayam gets about 3086 millimetres of rain per year
- April and May are usually the hottest months averaging 33°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 23°C