Kota Kinabalu Hotels from Rs1,371
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 1 Sep 2020
Reviewed on 24 Feb 2020
Reviewed on 29 Feb 2020
Visiting Kota Kinabalu
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Kota Kinabalu, and visitors give high marks for the bustling marina and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its parks. Top sights in the city include Sabah State Mosque, Likas Stadium and 1 Borneo Hypermall.
- There are 398 hotels and other accommodation options in Kota Kinabalu
- The closest major airport is in Kota Kinabalu (BKI-Kota Kinabalu Intl.), 4.1 mi (6.6 km) from the city centre
Getting around Kota Kinabalu
With so many ways to get around, exploring all of Kota Kinabalu is a breeze. To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Tanjung Aru Station. You can find out about your water travel options at the local marina.
Dressing for Kota Kinabalu
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 31°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 24°C
- From April to June, the average is 32°C during the day and 24°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 24°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 31°C as the daytime average and 24°C as the night-time average
- Kota Kinabalu gets about 93 millimetres of rain per year
- April and May are usually the hottest months averaging 31°C, while June and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 24°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Kota Kinabalu?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Kota Kinabalu, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Kota Kinabalu?
What's the best place to stay for families in Kota Kinabalu?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic getaway to Kota Kinabalu?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Kota Kinabalu?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in Kota Kinabalu?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Kota Kinabalu?
What's the best boutique hotel in Kota Kinabalu?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Kota Kinabalu?
What are some hotels with pools in Kota Kinabalu?
Kota Kinabalu Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Kota Kinabalu by Star Rating
- Hotels near Kota Kinabalu Airports
- Areas of Kota Kinabalu
- Accommodation near Kota Kinabalu Attractions
- More accommodation types in Kota Kinabalu
- Choose Your Kota Kinabalu Hotel Style
- Search Kota Kinabalu Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Kota Kinabalu
- Hotels Near Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations