Search Hostels in Delhi
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Hostels in Delhi
Other property types in Delhi
Holiday Inn New Delhi International Airport
Reviewed on 27 Sep 2020
Hyatt Regency Delhi
Reviewed on 19 Feb 2020
Radisson Blu Plaza Delhi Airport
Reviewed on 24 Sep 2020
What Is a Hostel?
If you're hoping to find somewhere affordable to stay in Delhi, one of its 16 hostels might be a great option for you. No two hostels look identical, but these dorm-style accommodation options all feature the following:
- Shared rooms (though many hostels also have private rooms)
- Budget-friendly prices
- A social atmosphere
Hostels are a great way to stay in Delhi for a lower cost, so you can save your money for sightseeing. You can check out the temples and other cultural highlights in this destination, as well as activities like shopping.
When Is the Best Time to Visit Delhi?
Good weather's definitely a plus when you're discovering new places, so here's a little information about the local climate:
- The hottest months are typically May and June, while January and December are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 32° C and night-time temperatures average 6° C
- April-June: 40° C is the daytime average and 17° C is the night-time average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 36° C and night-time averages are around 22° C
- October-December: The average temperatures are 34° C during the day and 6° C at night
- Average rainfall is 29 inches in a year
What Can I Do in Delhi?
Depending on how you want to spend your time, you might like these places to visit:Top Sights
- Red Fort
- Humayun's Tomb
- Swaminarayan Akshardham Temple
- Lodhi Garden
- Shanti Vana
- Talkatora Garden
- National Museum
- Malliah Memorial Theater Craft Museum
- Art Heritage Gallery
Generally, Delhi is known for its:
- Cultural attractions
- Historical sites
- Archaeological sites
How to Get to Delhi and Around the Area
You can fly into the nearest airport in Delhi (DEL-Indira Gandhi Intl.), 10.1 mi (16.2 km) from the city centre. After you've arrived, you may want to use public transport to get around. You can access metro transport at Rajiv Chowk Station, Barakhamba Road Station and New Delhi Metro Station. To explore more of the surrounding area, hop on a train at New Delhi Shivaji Bridge Station, New Delhi Station or New Delhi Tilak Bridge Station.