Canberra Hotels from Rs4,615
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Where to stay in Canberra
Canberra City Centre
4.5/5Wonderful!(17 area reviews)
The ample dining options and fantastic lake views are top of the list for many visitors to Canberra City Centre. A stop by Canberra Centre or Canberra Museum and Gallery might round out your trip.
Experience the local lifestyle in Canberra’s bold southern precinct, Kingston.
Barton is known for its abundant dining options, and you can plan a trip to Lake Burley Griffin and East Basin while you're in town.
Griffith is known for its abundant dining options, and you can plan a trip to Manuka Shopping Centre and Manuka Oval while you're in town.
You'll enjoy the restaurants and museums in Nicholls. You might want to make time for a stop at Cockington Green or National Dinosaur Museum.
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Canberra, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, lakeside setting and fascinating museums. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its shopping, art and tours. Top sights in the city include EPIC, National Museum of Australia and Australian National Botanic Gardens.
- There are 150 hotels and other accommodation options in Canberra
- The closest major airport is in Canberra, ACT (CBR-Canberra Intl.), 4 mi (6.4 km) from the city centre
Getting around Canberra
To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Kingston Canberra Station or Queanbeyan Railway Station. Canberra may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Canberra
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 28°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 10°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and 1°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 17°C during the day and 1°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 26°C as the daytime average and 5°C as the night-time average
- Canberra gets about 579 millimetres of rain per year
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 26°C, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Canberra?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Canberra, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Canberra?
What's the best place to stay for a family holiday to Canberra?
What's the best accommodation for a couple visiting Canberra?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Canberra?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Canberra?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Canberra?
Canberra Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Canberra by Star Rating
- Hotels near Canberra Airports
- Areas of Canberra
- Accommodation near Canberra Attractions
- More accommodation types in Canberra
- Choose Your Canberra Hotel Style
- Search Canberra Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Canberra
- Hotels Near Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations