Search Hostels in Canberra
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Hostels in Canberra
Other property types in Canberra
Reviewed on 27 Nov 2020
Pavilion on Northbourne
Reviewed on 26 Nov 2020
Crowne Plaza Canberra
Reviewed on 31 Aug 2020
What Is a Hostel?
If you're in the market for low-cost places to stay in Canberra, a hostel could be a great choice. No two hostels look exactly alike, but these dorm-style accommodation options all have the following:
- Shared rooms (though many have private options too)
- Budget prices
- A social environment
Hostels are a great way to stay in Canberra for good value, so you can save more for exploring. You can check out the museums and other cultural highlights in this destination, as well as activities like shopping.
When Is the Best Time to Visit Canberra?
The weather can be a big factor when you're experiencing new places, so here's some information that may be helpful:
- The hottest months are typically January and February, while July and June are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 28° C and night-time temperatures average 10° C
- April-June: 21° C is the daytime average and 1° C is the night-time average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 17° C and night-time averages are around 1° C
- October-December: The average temperatures are 26° C during the day and 5° C at night
- Average rainfall is 579 inches in a year
What Can I Do in Canberra?
Depending on what you're interested in, you might enjoy these places to visit:Top Sights
- National Museum of Australia
- Australian National Botanic Gardens
- City Hill
- Glebe Park
- Commonwealth Park
- National Gallery of Australia
- Canberra Theatre Centre
- Canberra Museum and Gallery
Overall, Canberra is known for its:
How to Get to Canberra and Around the Area
You can search for flights to the closest airport in Canberra, ACT (CBR-Canberra Intl.), located 4 mi (6.4 km) from the city centre. When you're out and about, you might want to make use of public transport. Train stations including Kingston Canberra Station and Queanbeyan Railway Station make it easy to explore more of the surrounding area.