Search Hostels in Birmingham
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Hostels in Birmingham
Other property types in Birmingham
Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre
Reviewed on 22 Oct 2020
Ibis Birmingham New Street Station Hotel
Reviewed on 4 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 23 Oct 2020
What Is a Hostel?
If you're looking for low-cost places to stay in Birmingham, a hostel could be a great option. These dorm-style accommodation options come in quite a few shapes and sizes, but they all have three main things in common:
- Budget-friendly prices
- A social setting
- Shared rooms (though many hostels offer private room options too)
By choosing a hostel in Birmingham, you can spend less on accommodation and use more of your budget for going out during your trip. You can check out this destination's cultural highlights, such as its theatres and entertainment venues.
When Is the Best Time to Visit Birmingham?
Good weather's always better when you're experiencing new places, so here's a little information about the local climate:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 11°C and nighttime temperatures average 2°C
- April-June: 19°C is the daytime average and 3°C is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 20°C and nighttime averages are around 9°C
- October-December: The average temperatures are 14°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Average rainfall is 766 inches in a year
What Can I Do in Birmingham?
Depending on what you're interested in, you might like these places to visit:Top Sights
- Bullring Shopping Centre
- Warwick Castle
- Arcadian Centre
- Birmingham Botanical Gardens
- Cannon Hill Park
- Edgbaston Reservoir
- Alexandra Theatre
- Birmingham Hippodrome
- Old Rep Theatre
In general, Birmingham is known for its:
- University life
How to Get to Birmingham and Around the Area
You'll find the nearest airport in Birmingham (BHX), located 7.1 mi (11.4 km) from the city centre. Another option is Coventry (CVT), situated 18.7 mi (30.1 km) away. Once you're on the ground, you may want to use public transport to get around. To see more of the surrounding area, hop on a train at Birmingham New Street Station, Birmingham Moor Street Station or Birmingham Snow Hill Station.