Visitors can enjoy all that Yilan has to offer including the museums, temples and festivals. Tourists can also enjoy the city's forests and opera houses.
- There are 24 hotels and other accommodation options in Yilan
- The closest major airport is in Taipei (TSA-Songshan), 25.3 mi (40.7 km) from the city centre
Getting around Yilan
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Yilan Station. Yilan might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Yilan
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 24°C and the nighttime average to be 12°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 33°C during the day and 16°C at night
- July to September averages 33°C during the day and 21°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 30°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Yilan gets about 77 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 33°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 12°C