Wonderful, romantic, beautiful resort
Posted 04-Jun-2019 on Hotels
Loved our stay at this resort. We had the all inclusive overwater villa with Jacuzzi.
- We stayed in Male the night before and didn't get our early morning (8.15am) seaplane transfer timing until 8.00pm. We were exhausted and wanted to sleep so it was frustrating.
- On our first morning we ate breakfast in the family restaurant and was abruptly told by a waiter that we can only eat in the adults only restaurant. We misunderstood and it was our misunderstanding but felt the waiter was telling us off instead of politely correcting us.
- The house spirits are all locally produced spirits. I wasn't expecting top shelf brands but also wasn't expecting the cheap local brands. I only drink vodka and it did not taste good. I ended up switching to cocktails to mask the taste and I must say the cocktails are delicious!
Now for the amazing stuff this resort has to offer:
- The staff. All of them (except waiter from first day). Our housekeeper, guest relations staff, bar staff, waiters, resort photographers were all so lovely.
- The Duniye Spa. If you only do one thing. Get the his and hers couple massage. It was so romantice and so beautiful. The best spa experience I have ever had. The ladies that did our massage were so good.
- The photoshoot. We had so much fun doing it and had such a laugh.
- The rooms, the infinity pool, the restaurants, food etc. All perfect.
Highly recommend this resort to everyone.
Comment from Hotel Management
05-Jun-2019 by Mohamed Zahir, Hotel Management
Sunny greetings from Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa and thank you for taking some of your valuable time to share this review with us.
We are delighted to hear that you fully enjoyed the island and the services we have to offer, accordingly we hope that your Spa experience memories will last long as well as the photos of Vilamendhoo holiday will remind you of your paradise holiday when you are back home. Thank you very much for your kind words towards our staff. Our team is always happy to do our best for the guests. Thank you very much as well for sharing your concerns with us, please rest assured that your comments will be discussed with the relevant departments for further improvement going forward.
We are grateful to you for choosing Vilamendhoo and, once again, for sharing your thoughts with us. We do hope to welcome you back on the island in the future to make a new unforgettable experience for you!