Visitors can enjoy all that Thiruthani has to offer including the university setting and monuments. There are 17 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Tirupati (TIR), 33.2 mi (53.4 km) from the city centre. The next closest is in Chennai (MAA-Chennai Intl.), 37 mi (59.5 km) away.
Getting around Thiruthani
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Thiruthani Station, Mosur Station or Tiruvalangadu Station. Thiruthani might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Thiruthani
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 35°C during the day and 22°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 39°C, whilst the average at night is 26°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 37°C with night-time averages of 26°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 34°C and nighttime averages of 23°C
- About 1228 millimetres of rain falls on Thiruthani each year
- Usually May and June are the hottest months with an average of 38°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 23°C