Visiting State College
Families will find kid-friendly activities in State College, and visitors give high marks for the university vibe, fun sporting events and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its live music, shopping and bars.
- There are 63 hotels and other accommodation options in State College
- The closest major airport is in State College, PA (SCE-University Park), 4 mi (6.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Altoona, PA (AOO-Blair County), 42.2 mi (67.9 km) away
Getting around State College
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Lewistown Junction Station. State College may not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for State College
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 12°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -7°C
- From April to June, the average is 27°C during the day and 1°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 28°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 19°C as the daytime average and -6°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for State College is 1006 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 27°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -6°C