Visitors can enjoy all that Soshanguve has to offer including the university setting, parks, and monuments. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its shopping. Top sights around the area include Kruger Museum and Voortrekker Monument.
- You'll find 995 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Johannesburg (and vicinity)
- The closest major airport is in Johannesburg (HLA-Lanseria), 31.8 mi (51.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Johannesburg (JNB-O.R. Tambo Intl.), 44.2 mi (71.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Soshanguve
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Soshanguve Crossing Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Tshwane University of Technology is worth a campus tour. Additionally, you might want to add Tswaing Crater to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway in Soshanguve, you may not find the perfect place to stay centrally, but below are lodging choices around the area.
- Meisa Luxury Apartments is located in the heart of Soshanguve. Guests who stay at this 3-star guesthouse in Soshanguve can enjoy access to free parking and laundry facilities, along with an in-room deep soaking tub.
- Sheraton Pretoria Hotel is 0.6 mi from central Soshanguve. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Arcadia can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- Magalies Park is 18.1 mi from the center of Soshanguve. This 3-star apartment in Hartbeespoort features 3 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and a golf course.
Top places to see around the area include Kruger Museum, located 17.5 mi (28.2 km) from the heart of the city, and Voortrekker Monument, which is 19.4 mi (31.2 km) away.
Dressing for Soshanguve
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 84°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 59°F
- From April to June, the average is 79°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 40°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 84°F as the daytime average and 56°F as the nighttime average
- Soshanguve gets about 1.14 inches of rain per year
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 84°F, while June and July are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 42°F