Search Hostels in New Delhi
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Other property types in New Delhi
Radisson Blu Plaza Delhi Airport
Reviewed on 21 Jan 2021
Holiday Inn New Delhi International Airport
Reviewed on 26 Jan 2021
Taj Palace, New Delhi
Reviewed on 22 Dec 2020
What Is a Hostel?
If you're in the market for somewhere affordable to stay in New Delhi, one of its 16 hostels could be a great option. No two hostels look exactly the same, but these dorm-style accommodation options all feature the following:
- Shared rooms (though many hostels also have private rooms)
- Budget-friendly prices
- A social environment
Hostels are a great way to stay in New Delhi for a lower cost, so you can save your money for exploring. You can check out the temples and other cultural highlights in this destination, as well as activities like shopping.
When Is the Best Time to Visit New Delhi?
The weather can be a big factor when you're discovering new places, so here's some information about the local climate:
- The hottest months are typically May and June, while January and December are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 33° C and night-time temperatures average 7° C
- April-June: 41° C is the daytime average and 17° C is the night-time average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 37° C and night-time averages are around 22° C
- October-December: The average temperatures are 34° C during the day and 8° C at night
- Average rainfall is 780 inches in a year
What Can I Do in New Delhi?
Depending on your interests, you might enjoy these places to visit:Top Sights
- Red Fort
- Humayun's Tomb
- Swaminarayan Akshardham Temple
- Lodhi Garden
- Talkatora Garden
- Mughal Gardens
- National Museum
- Malliah Memorial Theater Craft Museum
- National Philatelic Museum
Generally, New Delhi is known for its:
- Cultural attractions
- Archaeological sites
How to Get to New Delhi and Around the Area
You can search for flights to the nearest airport in Delhi (DEL-Indira Gandhi Intl.), 9.7 mi (15.6 km) from the city centre. When you're out and about, you may want to make use of public transport. You can access metro transport at Rajiv Chowk Station, Barakhamba Road Station and Shivaji Stadium Station. To explore more of the surrounding area, catch a train at New Delhi Shivaji Bridge Station, New Delhi Station or New Delhi Tilak Bridge Station.