Visitors to Mysore are sure to enjoy the zoo and gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's sightseeing tours, musical theatre and lakeside setting.
- There are 131 hotels and other accommodation options in Mysore
- The closest major airport is in Mysore (MYQ), 6.4 mi (10.3 km) from the city centre
Getting around Mysore
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Mysore Ashokapuram Station, Mysore Chamarajapuram Station or Mysore Junction Station. Mysore might not have as many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Mysore
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 34°C during the day and 15°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 34°C, whilst the average at night is 20°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 29°C with night-time averages of 20°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 28°C and nighttime averages of 16°C
- About 864 millimetres of rain falls on Mysore each year
- Usually April and May are the hottest months with an average of 33°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 16°C