History buffs will enjoy exploring Mainz, and visitors give high marks for the riverfront. This city also attracts tourists with its museums, cathedrals and shopping.
- There are 33 hotels and other accommodation options in Mainz
- The closest major airport is in Mainz (QFZ-Mainz Finthen), 5.8 mi (9.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Frankfurt (FRA-Frankfurt Intl.), 13.8 mi (22.1 km) away
Getting around Mainz
With so many choices for transport, exploring Mainz is easy. Make your way to Mainz Nord S-Bahn to catch the metro. If you want to journey outside of the area, hop aboard a train from Mainz Römisches Theater Station, Mainz Central Station or Mainz South Station.
Dressing for Mainz
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and -2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 23°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 24°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and nighttime averages of -1°C
- Average annual rainfall for Mainz is 24 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 23°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -1°C