Families will find kid-friendly activities in Lugano, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, lakeside setting and top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafes and museums. Top sights around the area include Sacred Mountain of the Rosary, Villa del Balbianello and Villa Carlotta.
- There are 79 hotels and other accommodation options in Lugano
- The closest major airport is in Lugano (LUG-Agno), 2.1 mi (3.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Milan (MXP-Malpensa Intl.), 28.4 mi (45.7 km) away
Getting around Lugano
With so many choices for transport, exploring Lugano is simple. Make your way to Lugano Funicular Station to catch the metro. To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Lugano Station.
Dressing for Lugano
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 14°C during the day and 0°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 25°C, whilst the average at night is 7°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 27°C with night-time averages of 12°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 19°C and nighttime averages of 1°C
- Lugano gets about 26 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 26°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 1°C