Visitors can enjoy all that Haridwar has to offer including the temples and safari tours. This city also attracts tourists with its cultural and secluded setting. A top sight in the area is Rajaji National Park.
- You'll find 98 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Haridwar District
- The closest major airport is in Dehradun (DED-Jolly Grant), 20 mi (32.3 km) from the city centre
Getting around Haridwar
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Haridwar Junction Railway Station. Haridwar may not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Haridwar
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 33°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 7°C
- From April to June, the average is 41°C during the day and 17°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 37°C during the day and 22°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 34°C as the daytime average and 8°C as the night-time average
- Haridwar gets about 780 millimetres of rain per year
- May and June are usually the hottest months averaging 39°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 8°C