Luxury-minded travellers will find upscale places to stay in Chandigarh, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's water parks, musical theatre and zoo.
- There are 278 hotels and other accommodation options in Chandigarh
- The closest major airport is in Chandigarh (IXC), 2.4 mi (3.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Shimla (SLV), 30.4 mi (48.9 km) away
Getting around Chandigarh
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Chandigarh Station. Chandigarh might not have as many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Chandigarh
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 31°C and the nighttime average to be 7°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 39°C during the day and 16°C at night
- July to September averages 36°C during the day and 21°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 32°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Chandigarh is 840 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually June and May with an average temperature of 38°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 8°C