Visitors to Carcassonne are sure to enjoy the wineries and tours. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theatres and waterfront. A top sight in the city is Montsegur Castle.
- There are 426 hotels and other accommodation options in Carcassonne
- The closest major airport is in Carcassonne (CCF-Pays Cathare), 2.2 mi (3.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Castres (DCM-Mazamet), 23.7 mi (38.2 km) away
Getting around Carcassonne
If you want to journey outside of the area, ride aboard a train from Carcassonne Station, Couffoulens Station or Verzeille Station. Carcassonne might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Carcassonne
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 15°C during the day and 3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 26°C, whilst the average at night is 6°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 28°C with night-time averages of 13°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 22°C and nighttime averages of 4°C
- Average annual rainfall for Carcassonne is 20 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 27°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 4°C