Visitors to Castelnaudary are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its shopping. A top sight in the area is Montsegur Castle.
- You'll find 426 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Carcassonne
- The closest major airport is in Carcassonne (CCF-Pays Cathare), 19.1 mi (30.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Castres (DCM-Mazamet), 22.9 mi (36.8 km) away
Getting around Castelnaudary
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Castelnaudary Station. Castelnaudary might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Castelnaudary
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 15°C during the day and 3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 26°C, whilst the average at night is 6°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 28°C with night-time averages of 13°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 22°C and nighttime averages of 4°C
- Castelnaudary gets about 20 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 27°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 4°C