Visitors can enjoy all that Caltagirone has to offer including the monuments, museums and parks. Tourists can also enjoy the city's churches and art. A top sight in the city is Santa Maria of Monte Staircase.
- There are 28 hotels and other accommodation options in Caltagirone
- The closest major airport is in Comiso (CIY-Vincenzo Magliocco), 17.3 mi (27.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Catania (CTA-Fontanarossa), 34.4 mi (55.3 km) away
Getting around Caltagirone
If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Caltagirone Station. Caltagirone might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Caltagirone
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 18°C and the nighttime average to be 10°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 29°C during the day and 11°C at night
- July to September averages 30°C during the day and 20°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 26°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Caltagirone is 22 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 30°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 10°F