Athens Hotels from Rs2,088
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 26 Aug 2020
Reviewed on 18 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 1 Mar 2020
Where to stay in Athens
Athens City Centre
4.5/5Wonderful!(483 area reviews)
Known for its fascinating museums, charming cafes and popular shops, there's plenty to explore in Athens City Centre. Top attractions like Syntagma Square and Acropolis are major draws. Catch the metro at Panepistimio Station or Syntagma Station to see more of the city.
4.5/5Wonderful!(120 area reviews)
Enjoy this historical Athens hub that offers extensive shopping and dining, intermingled with ancient attractions such as the library of Adrianos.
4.5/5Wonderful!(90 area reviews)
Monastiraki is popular for its fantastic nightlife. Explore top sights like Ermou Street and Monastiraki Flea Market, and you can get around town on the metro at Monastiraki Station.
4.5/5Wonderful!(71 area reviews)
Spend some time visiting places like Mount Lycabettus while getting to know Kolonaki, and be sure to check out the abundant dining options. You can hop aboard the metro at Megaro Moussikis Station or Evangelismos Station to see more of the area.
4/5Very Good!(13 area reviews)
Visitors to Koukaki love its fascinating museums, and you can check out Acropolis Museum and Emotions Museum of Childhood. If you want to see more in the area, you can get around town on the metro at Akropoli Station.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Athens, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, abundant cafes and renowned art. This city also attracts tourists with its monuments, shopping and theatres. Top sights in the city include Ancient Agora, Roman Agora and Parthenon.
- There are 1386 hotels and other accommodation options in Athens
- The closest major airport is in Athens (ATH-Eleftherios Venizelos), 12.4 mi (19.9 km) from the city centre
Getting around Athens
With so many choices for transport, exploring all of Athens is a breeze. You can walk to nearby metro stations including Monastiraki Station, Thissio Station and Panepistimio Station. If you want to journey outside of the area, hop aboard a train from Athens Thiseio Station, Athens Central Station or Tavros Rouf Station.
Dressing for Athens
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 17°C during the day and 6°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 31°C, whilst the average at night is 9°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 32°C with night-time averages of 17°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 26°C and nighttime averages of 7°C
- Average annual rainfall for Athens is 386 millimetres
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 31°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 6°C