Search Hostels in Amritsar
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Hostels in Amritsar
Other property types in Amritsar
Hyatt Regency Amritsar
Reviewed on 20 Apr 2020
Fairfield by Marriott Amritsar
Reviewed on 19 Mar 2020
Reviewed on 9 Mar 2020
What Is a Hostel?
If you're looking for somewhere affordable to stay in Amritsar, a hostel might be a great choice for you. These dorm-style accommodation options come in lots of shapes and sizes, but they have a few things in common:
- Low prices
- A social environment
- Shared rooms (though many hostels offer private room options too)
By going with a hostel in Amritsar, you can spend less on accommodation and use more of your trip funds for going out during your trip. If you're interested in cultural experiences, you can check out the temples while you're here.
When Is the Best Time to Visit Amritsar?
Good weather's always better when you want to venture out and explore, so here's a little information that may be helpful:
- The hottest months are typically June and May, while January and December are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 30° C and night-time temperatures average 5° C
- April-June: 40° C is the daytime average and 14° C is the night-time average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 37° C and night-time averages are around 19° C
- October-December: The average temperatures are 33° C during the day and 5° C at night
- Average rainfall is 652 inches in a year
What Can I Do in Amritsar?
Depending on what you're interested in, you might like these places to visit:Natural Features
- Jallianwala Bagh Monument
- Green Park
- Central Sikh Museum
- Partition Museum
- Maharaja Ranjit Singh Panorama
- Gurdwara Kaulsar Sahib
- Akal Takht
- Golden Temple
Overall, Amritsar is known for its:
- Cultural attractions
How to Get to Amritsar and Around the Area
You'll find the closest airport in Amritsar (ATQ-Raja Sansi Intl.), 7.2 mi (11.6 km) from the city centre. Another option is Lahore (LHE-Allam Iqbal Intl.), located 28 mi (45 km) away.