Visitors to Winterthur are sure to enjoy the restaurants and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's art, museums and waterfalls. Swiss Science Center Technorama, Shopping Center Glatt and Zoo Zurich are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 306 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Zurich
- The closest major airport is in Zurich (ZRH), 8.3 mi (13.4 km) from the city centre
Getting around Winterthur
With so many ways to get around, exploring all of Winterthur is a breeze. Head over to Winterthur Seen S-Bahn to catch the metro. If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Winterthur Station, Winterthur Grüze Station or Winterthur Oberwinterthur Station.
Dressing for Winterthur
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 12°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -2°C
- From April to June, the average is 23°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 25°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 17°C as the daytime average and 0°C as the night-time average
- Winterthur gets about 37 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 24°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 0°C