Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Varanasi, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the temples and rivers. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments and archaeological sites.
- There are 154 hotels and other accommodation options in Varanasi
- The closest major airport is in Varanasi (VNS-Babatpur), 5.3 mi (8.6 km) from the city centre
Getting around Varanasi
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Varanasi Junction Station. Varanasi may not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Varanasi
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 38°C and the nighttime average to be 13°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 42°C during the day and 22°C at night
- July to September averages 36°C during the day and 25°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 35°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Varanasi is 32 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually May and April with an average temperature of 40°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 13°C