Search Hostels in Tweed Heads
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Hostels in Tweed Heads
Other property types in Tweed Heads
Peppers Salt Resort & Spa
Reviewed on 30 Aug 2020
Mantra on Salt Beach
Reviewed on 2 Oct 2020
Oaks Casuarina Santai Resort
Reviewed on 17 Jun 2020
Hostels and More in Tweed Heads
Tweed Heads has 219 accommodation options, so if you can't find a hostel in the area, you can still pick something that works for you. With the affordable options here, you can reduce your spending on overnight costs and save more money for going out during your trip. You can enjoy activities like surfing, and the beaches create an appealing natural setting.
When Is the Best Time to Visit Tweed Heads?
The weather can be important when you're discovering new places, so here are some stats about the seasons:
- The hottest months are typically February and January, while July and August are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 28° C and night-time temperatures average 18° C
- April-June: 26° C is the daytime average and 10° C is the night-time average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 23° C and night-time averages are around 10° C
- October-December: The average temperatures are 27° C during the day and 15° C at night
- Average rainfall is 32 inches in a year
What Can I Do in Tweed Heads?
Depending on how you want to spend your time, you might appreciate these places to visit:Top Sights
- Sea World
- Surfers Paradise Beach
- Cavill Avenue
- Minjungbal Aboriginal Cultural Centre
- Palm Beach Pirate Treasure Island Playground
- Schuster Park
- Surf World Gold Coast
- Dracula's Queensland
- Mudgeeraba Heritage Centre
Generally, Tweed Heads is known for its:
- Whale watching
How to Get to Tweed Heads and Around the Area
You can find the closest airport in Gold Coast, QLD (OOL-Coolangatta), located 1.3 mi (2 km) from the city centre. Another option is Ballina, NSW (BNK-Ballina - Byron Gateway), which is 45.7 mi (73.6 km) away.