Travellers to Stavanger give high marks for the bustling port. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafes and sightseeing tours. Top sights in the city include Kvadrat Shopping Center, Kongeparken and Stavanger Museum.
- There are 122 hotels and other accommodation options in Stavanger
- The closest major airport is in Stavanger (SVG-Sola), 11.5 mi (18.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Haugesund (HAU-Karmoy), 40.9 mi (65.8 km) away
Getting around Stavanger
With so many choices for transport, exploring all of Stavanger is a breeze. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Stavanger Gausel Station, Stavanger Mariero Station or Sandnes Sentrum Station. Cross the water in a ferry from the local port.
Dressing for Stavanger
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 7°C during the day and -1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 17°C, whilst the average at night is 1°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 18°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 13°C and nighttime averages of 1°C
- About 33 millimetres of rain falls on Stavanger each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 17°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging -1°C