Sofia Hotels from Rs2,280
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Most hotels are fully refundable. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 24 Jul 2021
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 12 Jul 2021
Reviewed on 17 Jul 2021
Reviewed on 1 Sep 2020
Reviewed on 31 Jul 2020
Reviewed on 6 Jun 2021
Reviewed on 9 Jul 2021
Reviewed on 12 Dec 2020
Reviewed on 14 Jun 2021
Reviewed on 6 May 2021
Reviewed on 2 Jun 2021
Where to stay in Sofia
Sofia City Center
4/5Very Good!(180 area reviews)
Noted for its museums and historical sites, there's plenty to explore in Sofia City Center. Top attractions like Bulgarian Parliament and National Palace of Culture are major draws, and you can hop on the metro at Serdika Station or Lavov Most Station to see more of the city.
While Boyana may not have many sights to explore, venturing just a little farther will lead you to top things to see and do like National Museum of History and Mount Vitosha.
Oborishte is well liked for its historical sites. You can also take some time to explore sights in the surrounding area like Bulgarian Parliament and National Palace of Culture.
4/5Very Good!(4 area reviews)
Vitosha District is noteworthy for its spas, and you can make a stop at top attractions like Mount Vitosha and Sofia Ring Mall.
3.5/5Good!(6 area reviews)
While visiting rayon Triaditsa, you might make a stop by sights like National Palace of Culture and Vitosha Blvd.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Sofia, and visitors give high marks for the shopping. Tourists who journey to this cultural city can discover its cafes, cathedrals and museums. Top sights in the city include Church of St. George, Archaelogical Museum and Ivan Vazov National Theatre.
- There are 253 hotels and other accommodation options in Sofia
- The closest major airport is in Sofia (SOF), 4.1 mi (6.7 km) from the city centre
Getting around Sofia
With so many choices for transport, exploring all of Sofia is easy. You can walk to nearby metro stations including Lavov Most Station, Central Avtogara Station and Mladost 1. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Sofia Central Station, Dragoman Station or Dragoman Kalotina Station.
Dressing for Sofia
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and -4°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 24°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 26°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 19°C and nighttime averages of -3°C
- About 634 millimetres of rain falls on Sofia each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 25°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -3°C