History buffs will enjoy exploring Siena, and visitors give high marks for the local tours. This city also attracts tourists with its cathedrals, museums and cafes. Top sights in the city include Piazza del Campo, Civic Museum and Palazzo Pubblico.
- There are 300 hotels and other accommodation options in Siena
- The closest major airport is in Florence (FLR-Peretola), 34.1 mi (54.8 km) from the city centre
Getting around Siena
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Siena Station. Siena might not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Siena
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 19°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 6°C
- From April to June, the average is 31°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 33°C during the day and 16°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 26°C as the daytime average and 7°C as the night-time average
- About 793 millimetres of rain falls on Siena each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 32°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 6°C