Santo Domingo Hotels from Rs3,451
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 24 Sep 2020
Reviewed on 22 Sep 2020
Where to stay in Santo Domingo
4.5/5Wonderful!(14 area reviews)
Zona Colonial is popular for its abundant dining options, and if you're looking for more to see and do, you might think about a trip to Parque Colon or Cathedral of Santo Domingo.
5/5Exceptional!(3 area reviews)
The abundant dining options and seaside views are just a few top-rate features of the neighbourhood. Make a stop by Museum of the Dominican Man or Museum of History and Geography while you're visiting, and jump aboard the metro at Casandra Damiron Station to get around town.
If you're spending some time in Ciudad Colonial, Parque Colon and Cathedral of Santo Domingo are top sights worth seeing.
Though La Primavera may not have many top sights, you can venture to the surrounding area to see attractions like Parque Colon and Sambil Santo Domingo.
While you're in Ensanche Independencia, take in top sights like Palace of Fine Arts and jump on the metro at Joaquin Balaguer Station to see more of the city.
Visiting Santo Domingo
History buffs will enjoy exploring Santo Domingo, and visitors give high marks for the entertainment choices, beaches and shopping. Tourists who journey to this relaxing city can discover its cafes, live music and museums. Top sights in the city include Boca Chica, National Palace and Parque Colon.
- There are 386 hotels and other accommodation options in Santo Domingo
- The closest major airport is in Santo Domingo (JBQ-La Isabela Intl.), 8.6 mi (13.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Santo Domingo (SDQ-Las Americas Intl.), 14.9 mi (23.9 km) away
Getting around Santo Domingo
Take advantage of metro transport at Coronel Rafael Tomas Fernandez Station, Mauricio Baez Station and Casandra Damiron Station. If you'd like to explore around the area, you may want to rent a car for your trip.
Dressing for Santo Domingo
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 29°C and the nighttime average to be 19°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 31°C during the day and 20°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 22°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 31°C during the day and 19°C at night
- About 1418 millimetres of rain falls on Santo Domingo each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 31°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 19°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Santo Domingo?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Santo Domingo, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Santo Domingo?
What's the best place to stay for a family holiday to Santo Domingo?
What's the best hotel for a couple visiting Santo Domingo?
What's the best accommodation for an all-inclusive stay in Santo Domingo?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Santo Domingo?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in Santo Domingo?
What's the best high-end hotel in Santo Domingo?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Santo Domingo?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Santo Domingo?
Santo Domingo Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Santo Domingo by Star Rating
- Hotels near Santo Domingo Airports
- Areas of Santo Domingo
- Accommodation near Santo Domingo Attractions
- More accommodation types in Santo Domingo
- Choose Your Santo Domingo Hotel Style
- Search Santo Domingo Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Santo Domingo
- Hotels Near Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations