Visiting Santo Domingo
History buffs will enjoy exploring Santo Domingo, and visitors give high marks for the entertainment choices, beaches and shopping. Tourists who journey to this relaxing city can discover its cafes, live music and museums. Top sights in the city include Boca Chica, National Palace and Parque Colon.
- There are 386 hotels and other accommodation options in Santo Domingo
- The closest major airport is in Santo Domingo (JBQ-La Isabela Intl.), 8.6 mi (13.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Santo Domingo (SDQ-Las Americas Intl.), 14.9 mi (23.9 km) away
Getting around Santo Domingo
Take advantage of metro transport at Coronel Rafael Tomas Fernandez Station, Mauricio Baez Station and Casandra Damiron Station. If you'd like to explore around the area, you may want to rent a car for your trip.
Dressing for Santo Domingo
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 29°C and the nighttime average to be 19°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 31°C during the day and 20°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 22°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 31°C during the day and 19°C at night
- About 1418 millimetres of rain falls on Santo Domingo each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 31°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 19°C