Search Hostels in Port Macquarie
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Hostels in Port Macquarie
Other property types in Port Macquarie
Rydges Port Macquarie
Reviewed on 12 Oct 2020
Sails Port Macquarie - By Rydges
Reviewed on 25 Oct 2020
ibis Styles Port Macquarie
Reviewed on 20 Oct 2020
What Is a Hostel?
If you're searching for low-cost places to stay in Port Macquarie, a hostel could be a great option. No two hostels look exactly the same, but these dorm-style accommodation options all offer the following:
- Shared rooms (though many have private options too)
- Budget prices
- A social atmosphere
Hostels are a great way to stay in Port Macquarie for a lower cost, so you can save your budget for fun things to do. The beaches create an appealing natural setting, and you can enjoy attractions like the waterfront.
When Is the Best Time to Visit Port Macquarie?
The weather can be important when you're experiencing new places, so here's a little information about the local climate:
- The hottest months are typically January and February, while July and August are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 28° C and night-time temperatures average 15° C
- April-June: 25° C is the daytime average and 7° C is the night-time average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 23° C and night-time averages are around 6° C
- October-December: The average temperatures are 28° C during the day and 10° C at night
- Average rainfall is 37 inches in a year
What Can I Do in Port Macquarie?
Depending on your interests, you might like these places to visit:Natural Features
- Kooloonbung Creek Nature Park
- Macquarie Nature Reserve
- Port Macquarie Astronomical Association Observatory
- Mid North Coast Maritime Museum Pilot Boat Shed
- Glasshouse Cultural Centre
- Port Macquarie Museum
- Douglas Vale Historic Homestead & Vineyard
- St Thomas Anglican Church
- Port Macquarie Courthouse
Overall, Port Macquarie is known for its:
- Whale watching
How to Get to Port Macquarie and Around the Area
You can find the closest airport in Port Macquarie, NSW (PQQ), 1.9 mi (3.1 km) from the city centre. An alternative is Taree, NSW (TRO), situated 38.5 mi (61.9 km) away.