Travellers give high marks for the beaches in Negombo, which is also known for its seafood. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its churches. A top sight in the city is Negombo Beach.
- There are 266 hotels and other accommodation options in Negombo
- The closest major airport is in Colombo (CMB-Bandaranaike Intl.), 3.1 mi (4.9 km) from the city centre
Getting around Negombo
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Railway Station Negombo. Negombo might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Negombo
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 33°C during the day and 22°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 33°C, whilst the average at night is 25°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 31°C with night-time averages of 24°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 32°C and nighttime averages of 23°C
- About 62 millimetres of rain falls on Negombo each year
- Usually March and February are the hottest months with an average of 33°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 22°C