Search Hostels in Mar del Plata
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Hostels in Mar del Plata
Other property types in Mar del Plata
Grand Hotel Santa Teresita
Sheraton Mar Del Plata Hotel
Reviewed on 25 Feb 2020
Mérit Mar del Plata
Reviewed on 10 Oct 2019
What Is a Hostel?
If you're hoping to find a low-cost place to stay in Mar del Plata, there are 127 accommodation options here to choose from, including hostels. These dorm-style accommodation options come in quite a few different forms, but all of them have three main things in common:
- Budget prices
- A social setting
- Shared rooms (though many hostels also have private rooms)
By staying at a hostel in Mar del Plata, you can cut your spending on accommodation and save more of your money for going out during your stay.
When Is the Best Time to Visit Mar del Plata?
Good weather's definitely a plus when you're experiencing new places, so here are some stats about the local climate:
- The hottest months are typically January and February, while July and August are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 26° C and night-time temperatures average 12° C
- April-June: 22° C is the daytime average and 3° C is the night-time average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 15° C and night-time averages are around 3° C
- October-December: The average temperatures are 25° C during the day and 7° C at night
- Average rainfall is 647 inches in a year
What Can I Do in Mar del Plata?
Depending on how you want to spend your time, you might appreciate these places to visit:Top Sights
- Jose Maria Minella Stadium
- Colon Square
- Torre Tanque
- Peralta Ramos Woods
- Camet Park
- Los Padres Lake
- Archivo Historico Municipal
- Colon Theater
- Juan Carlos Castagnino Municipal Art Museum
Generally, Mar del Plata is known for its:
- Casino gaming
- Theme parks
How to Get to Mar del Plata and Around the Area
You can fly into the nearest airport in Mar Del Plata (MDQ-Astor Piazzola Intl.), located 6.1 mi (9.9 km) from the city centre. After you've arrived, you may want to use public transport during your trip. If you're looking to explore more of the surrounding area, make your way to Mar del Plata Station to hop on a train.