Lyon Hotels from Rs3,165
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 13 Aug 2019
Reviewed on 7 Jan 2020
Reviewed on 8 Jul 2020
Where to stay in Lyon
Lyon City Centre
Gourmet restaurants interesting history and top sights from Bellecour Square to Part Dieu Mall – discover Lyon City Centre, a destination also famous for its shopping.
4.5/5Wonderful!(28 area reviews)
If you're spending time in Old Lyon, you might enjoy attractions like Basilica of Notre-Dame de Fourvière and Lyon Cathedral. You might also enjoy the neighbourhood's ample dining options before hopping on the metro at Vieux Lyon Station to see more of the city.
4/5Very Good!(95 area reviews)
Spread over a narrow peninsula between the Rhône and Sâone rivers, Lyon’s commercial center draws in visitors with its luxury shops and cultural institutions.
La Croix Rousse
4.5/5Wonderful!(3 area reviews)
Shopping, spas and restaurants are just a few things travellers like about La Croix Rousse. Sights like Place de la Croix Rousse and Maison des Canuts are spots to explore, and you can get around the greater Lyon area at Henon Station.
Noted for its shopping and restaurants, there's plenty to explore in 1st Arrondissement. Top attractions like Museum of Fine Arts of Lyon and Hôtel de Ville de Lyon are major draws, and you can hop on the metro at Croix Paquet Station or Hotel de Ville - Louis Pradel Station to see more of the city.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Lyon, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its museums, theatres and cathedrals. Top sights in the city include Lyon City Hall, Terreaux Square and Lyon Museum of Fine Arts.
- There are 798 hotels and other accommodation options in Lyon
- The closest major airport is in Lyon (LYS-Saint-Exupery), 12 mi (19.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Saint-Etienne (EBU-Saint-Etienne - Loire Intl.), 30.8 mi (49.5 km) away
Getting around Lyon
With so many transport options, seeing Lyon is easy. Take advantage of metro transport at Hotel de Ville - Louis Pradel Station, Croix Paquet Station and Cordeliers Bourse Station. If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Lyon Saint Paul Station, Lyon Perrache Station or Lyon Part-Dieu Station.
Dressing for Lyon
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 14°C and the nighttime average to be -1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 25°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 27°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 19°C during the day and 0°C at night
- Lyon gets about 30 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 26°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -1°C