Visitors can enjoy all that Karur has to offer including the temples, festivals and rivers. Tourists can also enjoy the city's university setting and monuments.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodation options in Karur
- The closest major airport is in Tiruchirappalli (TRZ-Tiruchirappalli Intl.), 51.8 mi (83.4 km) from the city centre
Getting around Karur
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Karur Junction Station or Vellianai Station. Karur might not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Karur
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 38°C during the day and 23°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 40°C, whilst the average at night is 27°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 38°C with night-time averages of 27°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 35°C and nighttime averages of 24°C
- About 838 millimetres of rain falls on Karur each year
- Usually May and April are the hottest months with an average of 39°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 23°C