Visitors can enjoy all that Kaiserslautern has to offer including the forests, entertainment choices and bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's football games, zoo and temples.
- There are 15 hotels and other accommodation options in Kaiserslautern
- The closest major airport is in Mannheim (MHG), 33.9 mi (54.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Frankfurt (HHN-Frankfurt - Hahn), 41.2 mi (66.3 km) away
Getting around Kaiserslautern
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Kaiserslautern Central Station, Kaiserslautern West Station or Kaiserslautern Pfaffwerk Station. Kaiserslautern might not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Kaiserslautern
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and -3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 23°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 24°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 17°C and nighttime averages of -1°C
- About 29 millimetres of rain falls on Kaiserslautern each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 23°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -2°C