Hobart Hotels from Rs5,165
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Where to stay in Hobart
Hobart Central Business District
4.5/5Wonderful!(57 area reviews)
The captivating waterfront views and popular shops are just a few highlights of Hobart Central Business District. Make a stop by Salamanca Market or Salamanca Place while you're exploring the area.
Take it easy in Battery Point, where a maze of narrow laneways will reveal quaint cafés and galleries to intrepid wanderers.
Step back in time in this colonial town as you explore more than 50 Georgian buildings that have been brought back to life as cafés, restaurants and stores.
Affectionately nicknamed the capital of the Derwent Valley, New Norfolk is an enchanting little township packed with history.
South Hobart is noteworthy for its art galleries, and you can make a stop at top attractions like Cascade Brewery and Cascades Female Factory Historic Site.
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Hobart, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants and local tours. This city also attracts tourists with its marina and museums. Top sights in the city include Salamanca Market, Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens and Cascade Brewery.
- There are 279 hotels and other accommodation options in Hobart
- The closest major airport is in Hobart, TAS (HBA-Hobart Intl.), 9.5 mi (15.3 km) from the city centre
Getting around Hobart
With so many ways to get around, exploring Hobart is easy. To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Tasmanian Transport Museum Station. You can find out about water travel options at the marina.
Dressing for Hobart
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 22°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 10°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 16°C during the day and 4°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 21°C as the daytime average and 7°C as the night-time average
- Hobart gets about 524 millimetres of rain per year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 22°C, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 4°C