Search Hostels in Hamburg
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Hostels in Hamburg
You could be seeing lower prices
Other property types in Hamburg
Reviewed on 1 Jul 2020
Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall
Reviewed on 11 Mar 2020
Hamburg Marriott Hotel
Reviewed on 18 Sep 2020
What Is a Hostel?
If you're in the market for an affordable place to stay in Hamburg, one of its 25 hostels might be a great option. No two hostels look exactly alike, but these dorm-style accommodation options all have the following:
- Shared rooms (though many hostels offer private room options too)
- Low prices
- A social setting
Hostels are a great way to stay in Hamburg for a lower cost, so you can save more for exploring. We've heard good things about the waterfront and other attractions in this destination, as well as the local tours.
When Is the Best Time to Visit Hamburg?
The weather can be a big factor when you want to venture out and explore, so here are some stats about the seasons:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while February and January are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 9° C and night-time temperatures average -2° C
- April-June: 21° C is the daytime average and 1° C is the night-time average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 23° C and night-time averages are around 8° C
- October-December: The average temperatures are 16° C during the day and -2° C at night
- Average rainfall is 703 inches in a year
What Can I Do in Hamburg?
Depending on what you're interested in, you might appreciate these places to visit:Top Sights
- Barclaycard Arena
- Hamburg City Hall
- Inner Alster Lake
- Planten un Blomen
- Botanical Gardens
- Hamburger Kunsthalle
- Bucerius Kunst Forum
In general, Hamburg is known for its:
How to Get to Hamburg and Around the Area
You can search for flights to the nearest airport in Hamburg (HAM), 5.7 mi (9.1 km) from the city centre. An alternative is Luebeck (LBC), located 33.9 mi (54.6 km) away. When you're out and about, you may want to use public transport during your trip. Take advantage of metro transport at Rathaus U-Bahn, Jungfernstieg Station and Stadthausbrücke S-Bahn. To see more of the surrounding area, take a train from Hamburg Central Station, Hamburg Dammtor Station or Sternschanze Station.