Visitors can enjoy all that Gampaha has to offer including the forests, temples and churches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its university setting. A top sight in the area is Negombo Beach.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodation options in Gampaha
- The closest major airport is in Colombo (CMB-Bandaranaike Intl.), 10 mi (16.1 km) from the city centre
Getting around Gampaha
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Gampaha Railway Station. Gampaha might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Gampaha
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 33°C and the nighttime average to be 22°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 33°C during the day and 25°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 24°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 32°C during the day and 23°C at night
- Gampaha gets about 62 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually February and March with an average temperature of 33°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 22°C