Search Bed and Breakfasts in Far Rockaway
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured B&B in Far Rockaway
Other property types in Far Rockaway
Hotel Mint JFK Airport
Reviewed on 21 Sep 2020
La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Far Rockaway
Reviewed on 15 Oct 2019
NYC Long Term Rentals
Reviewed on 13 Aug 2019
Why Stay at a B&B in Far Rockaway?
If you want to find an accommodation with a small number of rooms and an intimate environment, a bed and breakfast might be the perfect option for your getaway to Far Rockaway. Though you might have a hard time finding B&Bs in the heart of the city, there are 1571 accommodations and 21 B&Bs in the larger area. If you're interested in discovering some top attractions, Long Beach and Brooklyn Museum are worth a stop.
B&Bs Near Far Rockaway
B&Bs all have a unique charm— whether it's a comfy common area with a fireplace or a beautiful breakfast room, the quaint details are what make bed and breakfasts a home away from home. Below are some well-liked B&Bs in the surrounding area:
Inn Your Element B&B: 3.5 stars, 10 rooms
- 1.3 mi (2.1 km) from the heart of Far Rockaway
- Rooftop terrace
- Individually decorated rooms
Knickerbocker Yacht Hotel: 4 stars, 6 rooms
- 16.3 mi (26.2 km) from the downtown core
- In-room designer toiletries
- On-site bar
The Townhouse Inn of Chelsea: 3.5 stars, 13 rooms
- Situated 15.3 mi (24.6 km) from the city center
Northern Lights Mansion: 3.5 stars, 5 rooms
- 17.1 mi (27.6 km) from the heart of downtown
The Melva Inn - Harlem: 2.5 stars, 4 rooms
- Located 16.9 mi (27.1 km) from the city's core
How to Pack for the Weather in Far Rockaway
If you're wondering about the best time to visit Far Rockaway, we've gathered some relevant weather info to help you plan your trip:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and February are the coldest months
- Average rainfall is 42.76 inches in a year
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 54° F and nighttime temperatures average 26° F
- April-June: 82° F is the daytime average and 39° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 84° F and nighttime averages are around 55° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 70° F during the day and 28° F at night
Transportation Options In and Around Far Rockaway
Fly into New York, NY (JFK-John F. Kennedy Intl.), which is located 3.2 mi (5.1 km) away from the heart of the city. Otherwise, you can search for flights to New York, NY (LGA-LaGuardia), which is 13.2 mi (21.2 km) away.
You can take advantage of metro transit at Beach 36 St. Station, Beach 44 St. Station, and Beach 25 St. Station. If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Far Rockaway Station.