Visitors can enjoy all that Dakar has to offer including the live music, cafes and safari tours. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its rainforests.
- There are 109 hotels and other accommodation options in Dakar
- The closest major airport is in Dakar (DKR-Leopold Sedar Senghor Intl.), 3.1 mi (5.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Dakar (DSS-Blaise Diagne Intl.), 26 mi (41.8 km) away
Getting around Dakar
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Dakar Station. Dakar might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Dakar
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 27°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 17°C
- From April to June, the average is 31°C during the day and 18°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 23°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 32°C as the daytime average and 18°C as the night-time average
- Dakar gets about 0 millimetres of rain per year
- September and October are usually the hottest months averaging 31°C, while March and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 17°C