Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Trondheim, which is also known for its shopping and cathedrals. This city also attracts tourists with its cafes. Top sights in the city include Stiftsgarden Royal Residence, Museum of Decorative Arts and Nidaros Cathedral.
- There are 27 hotels and other accommodation options in Trondheim
- The closest major airport is in Trondheim (TRD-Vaernes), 16.2 mi (26.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Orland (OLA-Brekstad), 30.5 mi (49.1 km) away
Getting around Trondheim
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Trondheim Central Station, Trondheim Skansen Station or Trondheim Marienborg Station. Trondheim may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Trondheim
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 6°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -5°C
- From April to June, the average is 18°C during the day and 0°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 11°C as the daytime average and -4°C as the night-time average
- About 33 millimetres of rain falls on Trondheim each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 17°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -4°C