Visitors can enjoy all that Tonsberg has to offer including the seaside and local tours. In Tonsberg, there are 8 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from. The closest major airport is in Sandefjord (TRF-Torp), 8.2 mi (13.2 km) from the city centre.
Getting around Tonsberg
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Tonsberg Station. Tonsberg might not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Tonsberg
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 5°C and the nighttime average to be -4°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 0°C at night
- July to September averages 20°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 12°C during the day and -3°C at night
- About 32 millimetres of rain falls on Tonsberg each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 18°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of -4°C