Visitors can enjoy all that Kanyakumari has to offer including the monuments, beaches and churches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples and waterfalls.
- There are 12 hotels and other accommodation options in Kanyakumari
- The closest major airport is in Thiruvananthapuram (TRV-Trivandrum Intl.), 50.8 mi (81.8 km) from the city centre
Getting around Kanyakumari
If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Kanyakumari Station. Kanyakumari might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Kanyakumari
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 33°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 22°C
- From April to June, the average is 33°C during the day and 24°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 23°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 32°C as the daytime average and 23°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Kanyakumari is 64 millimetres
- April and March are usually the hottest months averaging 33°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 23°C