Search Apartments in Izmit
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Apartments in Izmit
Other property types in Izmit
DoubleTree by Hilton Kocaeli
Reviewed on 4 Jan 2020
Reviewed on 14 Jun 2019
TRYP by Wyndham Izmit
Reviewed on 17 Aug 2020
Staying in an Apartment in Izmit
You'll find a lot of options for your stay in Izmit with 63 accommodation options. Though there aren't many apartments, we can help you find similar accommodation. When you search for a place to stay on Expedia, you can use the filters to search for a kitchen— one of the conveniences often found in an apartment. You can even filter by similar property types like holiday homes, condos or guest houses. Why not take time to appreciate the seaside during your visit?
Best Time to Visit Izmit
Though weather is just one consideration, it can really affect your travel plans, especially if you are planning a longer stay. And since apartments often have more stringent cancellation policies, it’s good to familiarise yourself with these seasonal weather averages before booking.
- The hottest months are typically August and July, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 19°C and nighttime temperatures average 6°C
- April-June: 32°C is the daytime average and 10°C is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 32°C and nighttime averages are around 17°C
- October-December: The average temperatures are 26°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Average rainfall is 737 inches in a year
What to Do in Izmit
Izmit is known for its seaside. Cultural attractions include Museum of Archaeology and Ethnography and Gayret Ship Museum, whereas Kartepe Sukay Park and Green Park are a couple of picturesque spots to enjoy the outdoors. While in town, Yeni Cuma Mosque and Fevziye Mosque are other places worth a visit.Izmit is also recognised for its:
How to Get to Izmit and Around the Area
Fly into Izmit (KCO-Cengız Topel), which is located 5.6 mi (9.1 km) from the heart of the city. Otherwise, you can search for flights to Istanbul (SAW-Sabiha Gokcen Intl.), which is 40 mi (64.4 km) away. If you'd like to venture out around the area, you may want a rental car for your journey.