Visitors to Fontainebleau are sure to enjoy the gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafes and golf courses.
- There are 18 hotels and other accommodation options in Fontainebleau
- The closest major airport is in Paris (ORY-Orly), 26.4 mi (42.5 km) from the city centre
Getting around Fontainebleau
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Fontainebleau Thomery Station. Fontainebleau may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Fontainebleau
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 14°C and the nighttime average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 24°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 27°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 18°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Fontainebleau gets about 35 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 25°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 2°C