Visitors to Flensburg are sure to enjoy the port. Tourists can also enjoy the city's churches, museums and monuments.
- There are 26 hotels and other accommodation options in Flensburg
- The closest major airport is in Sonderborg (SGD), 18.5 mi (29.8 km) from the city centre
Getting around Flensburg
With so many choices for transport, exploring all of Flensburg is easy. To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Flensburg Station or Flensburg Weiche Station. You can learn about water travel options at the local port.
Dressing for Flensburg
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 7°C during the day and -2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 19°C, whilst the average at night is 1°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 20°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 14°C and nighttime averages of 0°C
- Flensburg gets about 31 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 19°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -1°C