Visitors can enjoy all that Castres has to offer including the museums, golf courses and rivers. Tourists can also enjoy the city's art, bars and cafes.
- There are 13 hotels and other accommodation options in Castres
- The closest major airport is in Castres (DCM-Mazamet), 4.3 mi (6.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Carcassonne (CCF-Pays Cathare), 27.2 mi (43.9 km) away
Getting around Castres
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Castres Station. Castres may not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Castres
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 13°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 24°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 26°C with night-time averages of 11°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 19°C and nighttime averages of 2°C
- Average annual rainfall for Castres is 22 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 25°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 2°C